Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Can not install the OS update

McFlair

Hello together,

I have a FLX S24 with version 7.7 and would like to update. I have now tested 3 different USB stick (all in FAT 32) and installed the appropriate OS on the USB stick via Windows.

FLX powerless-> USB stick plugged in the back (next to the RJ45) - power on.
But there it starts normally, what am I doing wrong?

From the release notes for 7.13...

"To update a console running ZerOS 7.8.2.39 or older, please visit zero88.com/manuals/zeros/software-updates/zeros-usb-creator for 
instructions.
"

There are two version numbers that are displayed by the desk - one of them is the underlying LINUX version number something like 7.8.1.2 - you are not interested in this. I think the ZerOS version is displayed somewhere in the startup text and probably elsewhere. If your showfiles have a .zos extension then they were saved with v7.9.8 or later.

If the version in your desk is actually newer than 7.8.2.39 then you start the desk in the usual way and use setup to initiate the software update.

Try reading the release notes again, in particular the instructions on the last page.

As mention by others above, the FLXS desk don't update with a bootable USB drive, you just copy the update file to the USB root directory and on the desk go into Setup > Load and select the .exe from the list of files and tap the load option.

If you are having issue seeing the file on drive check you can see the file as ZerOS7.13.exe on a PC, in case a virus protection/firewall has change it.

IF you can't see the USB drive, as you mention make sure it Fat32 or if a large capacity drive NTFS format, find windows tends to default to Ex-Fat.  

If you are still having issues PM me on the address in my signature.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

Zero 88 Support: support@zero88.com