Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Recording Position Palettes for Movers

Uriahdemon

Glad to hear you are sorted.

If you apply a pallette to a fixture that wasn't included in the pallette (but the fixture type was) then it gets the values from the first fixture of that type. I'm not a big user of any pallettes except colour so the first thing I do after patching is create colour pallettes for all my LEDs in a range of colours adjusting each fixture type so that they look the same. That way I can be confident that selecting a colour will give me consistent results across a number of fixture types and in different cues. Also if I, or the director, decide the colour isn't quite right I can adjust it once for the whole show.

I do something similar with beam & shape but in a more limited way but, reading up on pallettes for this I am reminded that pallettes can contain attributes from other groups, handy for zoom & focus which change with position due to the different throw.

36 minutes ago, Davidmk said:

Glad to hear you are sorted.

If you apply a pallette to a fixture that wasn't included in the pallette (but the fixture type was) then it gets the values from the first fixture of that type. I'm not a big user of any pallettes except colour so the first thing I do after patching is create colour pallettes for all my LEDs in a range of colours adjusting each fixture type so that they look the same. That way I can be confident that selecting a colour will give me consistent results across a number of fixture types and in different cues. Also if I, or the director, decide the colour isn't quite right I can adjust it once for the whole show.

I do something similar with beam & shape but in a more limited way but, reading up on pallettes for this I am reminded that pallettes can contain attributes from other groups, handy for zoom & focus which change with position due to the different throw.

Thanks David,  every day is a learning day.